Someone mentioned to me that they were going to Buffalo, then heading to Niagara Falls to take photos, but said it was hard to get a shot that no one else has done.
This is what I do...Ü
Let say we are going for waterfalls...
- I would get as many shots as I can even if they were very common shots
- I walk around & try different positions & angles.
- Try wide angle & closeups
- The time of day is also a major factor. So consider early morning,or evening shots.
- Night shots with interesting lighting(Niagara Falls)
- Adding something in the foreground like ...people, bridges, grass or rocks. Try EVERYTHING!
This one is my favorite. I used the texture & pattern in the rock in the foreground to pull your eye inward towards the waterfall.