Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Alphabet Challenge

alphabet
The Alphabet Challenge in shapes.

This main challenge may take months to create. It is a challenge, that I have seen before & I thought it would be fun. It will train your eye to find shapes & letters in everything you see. You should be able to find the alphabet in shapes & not use the actually letters in signs, try to use shapes & objects that you see in your journey through discovering the world around you..
Once you've collected your images, you will then make a collage of all the letters you have found. If finding the whole alphabet is too much for you, you can just do the letters of your name.
Soooo lets start here;

Part 1 -You can start by finding the letters of your name.
Part 2- The Whole Alphabet-optional.

Once you have finish your name, post it on your blog, come back here & add it to our challenge comment section. You may continue & finish the whole alphabet, it's up to you. Both Part 1 & 2 will be included in the same challenge.
I will leave a direct link on the sidebar to this challenge for easy access. Once you complete Part 1, post it. Then you have the option to continue to Part 2, if you want.

For those unable to do a collage. You may enter each letter separately, but small, side by side on a post.

Here are some examples

http://www.beyondphototips.com/2008/01/26/photo-project-the-urban-alphabet/

http://www.pbase.com/tfredriksen/image/70674994


http://www.pbase.com/abbarich/image/18004012


We will post completed NAMES as we go along.
So here is mine, as an example; Marie


marie

This will be an open challenge, no time limit.

20 comments:

Amelia said...

The were all beautiful! The second alphabet link was my favorite. This will be a hard challenge for me.. I don't have much of an imagination.

*M*

gina said...

the 2nd link was my favorite. pretty imaginative and creative...on first thought it seems kinda difficult, but i'll give it a try. :)

D said...

yeozer now this is a good one... will be long and take some doing but I will see what I can do
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

cool! :) I like the 3rd one

Liz said...

I have been meaning to learn how to do a collage. This challenge should give me sufficient time :)

Anonymous said...

Heres mine already lol I'm gonna come back and add my name later

Jeannette said...

I just knew my parents should have given me a shorter name! I've got a few letters already, just three more to go then I'll post! Maybe I could just change my name to Oooo!! Lol! Jeannette xx

Nancy said...

Funny...I have been already looking into this, yet haven't taken any shots yet. I saw some professional selling these for folks, made to order.
I love what you came up with for your name!

Nancy

Jeannette said...

I've done mine Marie, it was fun, I may carry on and do the alphabet. Jeannette xx Alphabet entry

Cal Dream Squirrel said...

Here's mine. Veronica I hope you enjoy! Can't wait to see everyone else's!!

Veronica

nancy said...

Man, that'll be awesome, I have no clue at first until I realize what the picture were showing. This will be a good one. Hopefully I'll find something. That is a great one.Nancy

Amelia said...

Subscribing to comments here too lol.

(Sorry, it won't let me without commenting)

Missie said...

This challenge is too much for me this time. I've tried looking closly at everything but I just don't see the letters of my name popping out! LOL

sunflowerkat said...

Marie - You've really outdone yourself with this one. I'll be working on mine. If I use my full name, I have NINE letters to find. Thanks for putting forth this challenging project.

Anonymous said...

I posted my link onto the wrong Challenge.. Here it is again. :)


http://krissssssy.blogspot.com/2009/01/alphabet-challenge.html#links

nancy said...

Here is mine. I try to make it smaller/sorry.http://captnnancy.blogspot.com/2009/01/alphabets-challenge.html

Missie said...

Here's my try!

http://amiddleagedmomsnewhobby.blogspot.com/2009/01/alphabet-in-images.html

D said...

Love this one and look forward to getting out to do more of it... lets hope. Anyway did give it a shot with the limited photo's I had.. also trying my luck on the linkie in the comment section. LOL

Alpha Photo Challenge

D said...

Oh yeah that worked like a charm... thank you so much!!! Ya know I'll be linking up lots more now :)

the sabra said...

Ooh this is fun, glad I found this blog..lookin forward to completing this alphabet challenge...love the idea!